Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Best-Laid Plans

Hey, all! Um, what's that they say about the best-laid plans? Well, today was surely a demonstration of that cliche. No, I didn't get to any laundry; and no, I didn't get to update even one listing in the shop; and no, I didn't do a lick of the maintenance that is way overdue on here; and no, I didn't even do a single stitch of knitting (MAJOR withdrawal on that one!!) ...So much for plans and cliches....

I've another cliche that's apropo even if it is of my own creation ... "getting old stinks!" That applies to people, animals, buildings, equipment ... just about everything on earth (and including it)!!!! 

My day consisted of non-stop phone calls all of which had to do with aging something or other and what to do about it. Machines, systems and buildings are annoying when aging, but annoying can be rolled off the back. When it's animals or people, though ... especially close and dear ones ... it's a complete different story and cannot be shuffed off. It's extremely upsetting and more than a little frustrating.

Bottom line for today and the ravages of age -- what age has stolen from my parents is becoming more of a fright than a frustration. It's not like something bad might
happen to them (aside from their illnesses), it's more a question of when and how soon. Very disconcerting and upsetting, especially given the fact that they argue with all suggestions, nudges, beggings and pleadings to get into another accommodation that would be safer, happier and better.  We "don't want to be a burden" about makes me choke and, ironically, IS now the burden as it means worry, tension, upset, etc.

My siblings and I need to soon have a conference with them and tell them there's no choice but to change their situation ... and the whole thing is extremely stressful. I'd love to just jump ahead the next several months and find that everything is resolved and them safe here near me and Bobby.  

Though
you can tell I'm upset and frustrated, I gotta tell you what a joy and uplift y'all are to me. Your notes here via comments as well as personal emails are absolute highlights and joys, especially the last couple days. I apologize for not writing each of you individually, and I'm now really glad that I went ahead and opened this again so that I can at least reach out to you this way. 

Donna ... I'm dancing and giggling with delight that Marley is alright! Thank God, and I'm still gonna keep y'all on the prayer & support list just to be sure ... and, of course, including Vinni too! :P

Nora ... has Tom's leg trouble recurred? How come you're going to the wound care center? I will "up" y'all on the list for the extra prayers too! 

Puggy ... I was so touched that you stopped to visit Ma and Da, and they were tickled pink and phoned me. You know how Ma loves all her non-blood kids calling her Mama, Da is always too choked up to talk and just sorta gasp-giggles; and it's a blessing to know how much they're loved and not forgotten. Please keep them and us all on your own extra prayer/support list, eh?  Thanks, dear!

I'm gonna close this for tonight as I fear I might be ranting or rambling or something odd. I send you all smiles, hugs and love!

The Knitwit



Note: My current extra prayer/support list is:
- Lovlee, Rikki, and her family
- Nora and Tom
- Gloria
- Gypsy Froggie
- Jacky (still lookin' for ya girl!)

3 comments:

Nora said...

Good Morning Eve,

Tom bumped his leg on a box back in March and opened up the old wound from three years ago. Couldn't get it to heal so back to the wound care center. Hopefully in another three weeks or so it will be done.

I'm praying for you and the family as it's a hard decision for you and your parents to make. I keep telling Tom we should think about what can happen done the road, but he doesn't want to face it yet. Going to have to some day though.

Keep smiling and know that i'm thinking of you.

Hugs,

Nora

Forever Creative said...

WOW!! Love all your comments. Yes the endless fruit necklace is my fave too. I think I have enough yarn to make just one more...I may even keep it for myself. No Marley doesn't bang her hand anywhere else. I think it's just a fit if she can't get her way! But she did sleep in her crib last night and it was very upsetting to hear her scream like that for about an hour and not being able to comfort her was hard for me and the hubby but she did go to sleep and she slept thru the whole night! Night one down Night 2 is on it's way!!!

I hope everything works out for you and I hope you have stress free Memorial Weekend!!!

Let me know when you make more great stuff!!!

Carole Sevilla Brown said...

Hope you've caught up with all or your "old house blues" issues! Thinking of you! And can't wait till you post your next missive. It has been great reading what's going on with you1