Saturday, May 2, 2009

By George, I think she's got it!

Well, I think I've finished with the fussing and adjusting to compile this blog. It's not exactly how I wanted, but it's functional this way. Trying to add a slideshow, badge or other active content made the blog inaccessible through Internet Explorer. (Thanks to Donna for checking and re-checking for me!) I didn't want to write y'all till I could be at least fairly certain that you could get here without aggravation. Now that it's done, I'll be writing to ya so you know where you can find me. :D

On "fronts" other than the blog, shop, and 'puter, I'm (of course!) still knitting away but accomplishing only the minimal otherwise. I was already spoiled 'fore Bobby retired, and now I'm getting even MORE spoiled. :P I've readily fallen into the "it'll wait for me to get around to it" excuse, and I allow more things into that category constantly. Worst of all is that I've continued to let the correspondence and contact with friends slip ... and I'm hoping this blog fills at least some of that gap.

Spring is finally springing here with dramatic changes this past week, and it's lovely to watch the changes right before your eyes ... like time-lapse photography. We're fighting nasty colds, though; and just when we thought we were on the slide to it being gone, it 360'd on us and reared up again with a vengeance.

Today's Derby Day, and I don't know if I'll watch the race or not. I would never miss it in the past; but it seems that the last three times I watched an important race, one of the horses was seriously hurt or died. I just can't see another go down and flail in pain. Maybe I'll wait till it's over, insure that none of the horses was hurt, and then watch it recorded. If one was hurt, I'll pass.

I'm off to write y'all with news that I'm here! Smiles to each of you!
The Knitwit


Note: My current extra prayer/support list is:
- Lovlee, Rikki, and her family
- Gloria

2 comments:

Lovlee H. Tang said...

Yeah!!!! I am so proud of you!! I wish you much success on you blog and your etsy store!!!! I can't wait to follow your blog! Love, Lovlee

Carole Sevilla Brown said...

Wow, who'd have thunk you'd beat me to having a blog. I will be launching in June after I FINALLY finish my thesis and get out of school. So good to see you send up a signal flare so I know you're ok. I looked at your store, it's beautiful!

I'm off to Arizona for my final residency weekend for school, then home to finish frantically working my fingers to the bone finishing thesis.

Hugs to you and Bobby!
Carole