Thursday, May 7, 2009

Still a bit nervous about this.....

Hey, y'all!

I finally got the notes to y'all to tell you I'm here, and I had such a great day receiving emails from some of you and, most exciting of all, even a phone call to hear a sweet voice I hadn't heard in I can't remember how long. :D

Since I mentioned the amazing springing of Spring the other day, I thought I'd show you a couple pics that were taken just one day apart (4/25 and 4/26). This is my so-lovely Thomas Jefferson that's one of the first bloomers of the season, leaving amazing butterfly shaped leaves for the rest of the summer.  In the first pic, you can see that the other things in the bed are just showing wrinkly trying to push outta the dirt. In the second, they've not only emerged, but they're lush and filling in -- and the Trillium is blooming.




Since then the lilacs are blooming, our trees are (finally!) pushing their leaf buds out, the Day Lilies are up mid-shin high, the Narcissus are blooming, and it's so nice to see as much green as brown when looking out.

Better shove off for the day. Smiles and hugs to each of you!


The Knitwit


Note: My current extra prayer/support list is:
- Lovlee, Rikki, and her family
- Gloria
- Gypsy Froggie
- Jacky

1 comment:

Carole Sevilla Brown said...

Trilliums are among my favorite flowers! So good to hear your voice yesterday! I'm in Arizona and it was 107 degrees when I landed in Phoenix. Was 50 degrees when I left my house this morning. That's quite a shock to my old system; I can't stand that heat.